UK has been a dream destination to immigrate for those in Asian countries, specifically from India, China and Pakistan and Arab nations. UK has world class development and infrastructure ideal for business and family relocation.
The UK Investor Immigration Program
United Kingdom has an official “Investor Immigration Program” aimed at high net worth individuals who are prepared to make a substantial investment in the economy and development of the United Kingdom. As of April 2011, the UK government announced that it will accord `red carpet` to foreign investors and entrepreneurs by adding incentives and easing restrictions to the provisions previously in place.
Under the program, foreign nationals who are interested in the migrating to the UK are required to make a net investment of not less than two million Pounds Sterling.
This is required to be invested for a minimum 5 year term in Government bonds, loan or share capital. What is known as ‘ILR’ or ‘Indefinite Leave to Remain’ is then is issued after the 5 year period has run its course. The investor is not allowed to invest this particular sum of money in property or in a bank deposit, although they are, of course, welcome to invest in the UK property market with other monies they might have. No employment is allowed. There is an option of financing this amount but the investor nevertheless has to prove that he/she owns at least GBP £2 million in assets. For investments over £5 million, Indefinite Leave to Remain is received after 3 years, and for investments over £ 10 million, ILR can be received after a period of 2 years.
Initially, upon successful approval of the application, the investor will be given a 3 year entry clearance visa with provision for a 2 year renewal and then after 5 years of legal residence in the UK, they qualify for `permanent residency status` commonly known as `ILR’ or indefinite leave to remain` status, provided the investor has maintained the invested money of £2 million, as stipulated by the program. Once ILR has been granted, it is possible to travel in and out of the UK at one’s own discretion. However, one should not spend more than 2 years consecutively outside the UK.
- No personal interview.
- No English language requirement to obtain visa.
- No prior business experience needed.
- No medical examination.
- Government interview is often waived.
- Processing time is rapid, often 1 week to 6 weeks.
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
- Must be over 18 yrs of age.
- Must main the said investment amount throughout without decline in asset value.
- Spend most of the time UK as main home (180 days allowed absence).
- No prior criminal record.
- Sufficient financial means and accomodation
The investment must be made within 3 months, after entering UK. The investor is allowed to bring with family and children under 18yrs of age.
The investor will be eligible to applly for “British citizenship” after 5yrs of stay in the UK. UK allows `dual nationality` but please keep in mind that your home country may not recognize it.
UK CITIZENSHIP / BRITISH PASSPORT
Applicants may apply for British citizenship one year after being granted Indefinite Leave to Remain, providing they satisfy strict residential requirements below:
- Resident in the UK for 5 years, and have been present in the UK 5 years before the date of citizenship
application, and have not spent more than 450 days outside the UK in 5 years,
- Have not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the 12 months preceding the application.
Once UK citizenship has been granted, there is no restriction on time spent outside the UK.
The UK allows to have more than one nationality.
- Submission by a specialized UK Immigration law firm of the following applications:
-Initial Tier 1 (Investor) immigration application at the British Diplomatic Post in your home country;
-Extension of Leave application at the end of year three from within the UK;
-ILR application at the end of year five from within the UK.
- Background Verification Report prepared by a specialist company – to support the immigration application.
- Tax planning advice, prior to establishing UK residence.
- Assistance in the opening of an Investment account and regular monitoring of that account to ensure UK government requirements are met.
- Introduction to personal and/or private banking services in the UK.
- Introduction to other experts as required, including landing services, English courses, educational advice,accountants, etc.
- Assistance in setting up your ‘first home’ (rented or purchase) in the UK.
FEE AND CHARGES
We assist our clients from start to finish for a period of 5 years.
With proper tax planning, one can mitigate the direct applicable taxes, as in most most cases foreigners can avoid direct taxation if the income earned is outside UK.
If you are interested in obtaining more information about this program, please complete this short online application. One of our representatives will be in contact with you.
We offer clear written contract agreements clearly mentioning the applicable charges including the refund policy, in the unlikely event that the application is unsuccessful.
We assist clients with document preparation and filing, legal advice, housing and real estate, taxation, investment advice
which are unavailable with Government.
We are not affiliated to or endorsed by Government(s) or official sources.
All information including services and forms are freely available from Govt authorities.
Disclaimer: This website is not affiliated to or endorsed by Government(s) or official sources.
We assist clients for paid services with document preparation and filing, housing and real estate, tax advice, liaison and investments.
More specific information about the programs are available with the Govt websites of respective countries.
The information contained in this website is based on general purpose only and it does not meant to substitute qualified legal or professional advice given by a specialist knowing your particular situation. We do not accept for any loss or damages whether direct, incidental, indirect, special, or consequential, among others, relating access to this Website. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form or by any means, without our prior written permission. All other works are copyrighted works of our partners, which had been reproduced with prior permission.